Bangalore Sustainability Forum
Bangalore Sustainability Forum at IBA Bangalore
The inception of Bangalore Sustainability Forum @ IBA Bangalore (BSF @ IBA) was in July 2014. The idea of having a Sustainability forum at IBA Bangalore originated during a discussion between Dr. Subhash Sharma, Director – IBA Bangalore and Prof. Narendra Babu, Faculty of Marketing – IBA Bangalore. This idea was presented by Prof. Narendra Babu in a faculty meeting held on 11th July 2014 and was discussed by the faculty members. Dr. Subhash Sharma suggested that the Sustainability forum should be named as Bangalore Sustainability forum @ IBA Bangalore (BSF @ IBA).
BSF@IBA derives influence from Dr. Subhash Sharma’s “New Earth Shastra” and “Western Windows and Eastern Doors”. The forum intends to spread and promote the concepts of sustainability & holistic living. BSF @ IBA is located at Indus Business academy, Thataguni post, Kanakapura road, Lakshmipura, Bangalore-62, India.
Mentor: Dr. Subhash Sharma, Director – IBA Bangalore.
Patron: Prof. Manish Jain, CEO – IBA Bangalore
Forum Coordinator: Prof. Narendra Babu, Faculty of Marketing – IBA Bangalore
Founding Members: IBA Faculty and Staff, Students of 13-15 batch and Students of 14-16 batch
Core committee members
Dr. Subhash Sharma, Director – IBA Bangalore.
Prof. Manish Jain, CEO – IBA Bangalore
Prof. Suresh Chandra, Faculty of Operations & Statistics – IBA Bangalore
Prof. Narendra Babu, Faculty of Marketing – IBA Bangalore
The core committee will also comprise of 2 student representatives each from the senior batch as well as the junior batch.
Vision, Mission, Initiatives & Activities
To create a better world around us for today and for future by finding solutions to environmental, economic and social challenges that are more pressing today than ever before. We strive to cultivate a dynamic & motivated community that could inculcate sustainability & holistic living to the society today as well as for future.
BSF@IBA intends to be a leader on environmental and social issues to promote action and awareness through educational and research activities.
BSF@IBA statement of commitment towards sustainability
Members of Bangalore Sustainability Forum @ IBA Bangalore are committed to taking a leadership role as responsible stewards of the physical environment and to using educational and research activities to promote sustainability and holistic living. This commitment includes:
- Protecting and enhancing the campus environment
- Minimizing the use of toxic substances and handling wastes responsibly
- Conserving natural resources through their sustainable use
- Significantly reduce GHG emissions
- Create awareness towards social responsibility through discussion, dialogue and discourse.
- Collaborate with a diverse network on issues related to sustainability to fulfill the mission of BSF@IBA.
We are making this commitment because:
- Our commitment serves as the foundation of a system to assess, prioritize and implement sustainability initiatives.
- As a leading business school, IBA recognizes its responsibility towards its students, society, industry, and stake holders to offer a business education that has sustainability built into the systems to create knowledge.
Realistic and measurable goals are necessary for ensuring real progress towards sustainability & holistic development. These goals will require connecting sustainability & holistic living to daily actions. BSF @ IBA aims at bringing about a new paradigm by implementing sustainable practices on and off campus, as well as contributing towards knowledge creation through research and dialogical workshops on sustainability & holistic development.
BSF@IBA has the following initiatives towards defining goals and the mission statement.
- Water, Energy and Waste management.
- Optimization in operational processes, transportation & land use.
- Responsibility towards pressing social challenges.
- Academics & Learning
- Green campus walk & nature walk.
- Workshops /Interactions with scholars and Industry experts.
- Student activities / Member activities
- Research / Knowledge creation
BSF@IBA intends to publish an annual report with a goal of documenting its experiences.