Dr. Subhendu Dey
|Name||Dr. Subhendu Dey|
|Subject Area||Supply Chain|
- B.E. Mechanical Production from Osmania University
- PGCPM in Business Administration & Management (General) from IIM, Kozhikode
- Ph.D. in Business Administration & Management (General) from Aligarh Muslim University
- Academic Instructor, IMS Learning Resources
- Academic Coordinator, ICFAI, Hyderabad
- Corporate Head Academics, ICFAI, Hyderabad
- Associate Dean – Academic Affairs, Globsyn Business School, Kolkata
- Dean & Campus Head, Globsyn Business School, Kolkata
- Director, Rajalakshmi School of Business, Chennai
Honours & Achievements
- Received EDUICONS Award from The Times of India on behalf of Rajalakshmi School of Business in 2016
- Developed Knowledge Cell for Globsyn Business School which was mentioned by CRISIL as an ‘Area of Excellence’ in 2011
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation in 2004 for exemplary contribution towards Academic Program implementation by Hon. Vice Chancellor of Le Magnus University
- Dey, Subhendu, Venkata, N. Posha. (2006). Cultural Intelligence – An Introduction. ICFAI University Press
Area of Research
- Cross-functional research on Sustainable Development, Agri-Supply Chain, Strategic Management
- Dey, Subhendu (2017), “Demographic Characteristics of Farmers of Rythu Bazaar: Analysis of an Indian Farmers’ Market”, IUP Journal of Management Research, Vol. XVI, No. 4, pp 48-65
- Mythili, Merlin S., Bhusan, Sudhakar, Subhendu, Dey, and Badri, Toppur. (2017). “Women from the Lowest Economic Strata in Unconventional Jobs: An Indian Perspective”. Research Bulletin, ICAI, Vol. 42, No. IV, January 2017, pp. 175-186.
- Ramakrishnan, PR., Subhendu, Dey, Badri, Toppur, and Merlin Mythili S. (2016), “A Study of Banking Stocks in India and an Appropriate Model for Prudent Investment”. Research Bulletin, ICAI, Vol. 42, No. II, July 2016, pp. 21-30.
- Dey, Subhendu, and Ishani, Banerjee. (2015). “TEXMACO – How the Multi-discipline, Multi-Unit Engineering and Infrastructure Company turned its fortunes”. Globsyn Management Journal, Vol. IX, Issue 1&2, pp. 53-68.
- Dey, Subhendu. (2013). Rythu Bazaars – The alternative marketing channel. LEISA India, June 2013, Volume 15, No. 2, pp. 12-14
- Mukhopadyaya, J.N., Subhendu, Dey, Prithviraj, Banerjee, and Soumali, Dutta. (2013). Kingfisher Airlines – King of Good Times Trapped in Bad Weather. The Management Accountant, ICMAI, Volume 48, No. 1, pp. 61-71
- Dey, Subhendu, and Salma, Ahmed. (2013). Vegetable Price Rise: Rythu Model Solution. SCMS Journal of Indian Management, Vol. X No. 3, pp. 34-42.
- Ahmed, Salma, and Subhendu, Dey. (2012). Performance of Rythu Bazaars- A Study of the benefits received by the Customers. Research Bulletin Vol. XXXVI, ICAI, pp. 179-191
- Dey, Subhendu. (2012). Rythu Bazaar – A Study of the benefits received by the farmers. Asian Journal of Management Research, Vol. 3 Issue 1, pp. 220-231.
- Dey, Subhendu. (2012). Rythu Bazaar – A Study of the Supply Chain of the Farmers’ Markets of Andhra Pradesh. The IUP Journal of Operations Management, Vol. XI, No. 3, 2012, pp. 43-66.
- Ahmed, Salma, and Subhendu, Dey. (2012). Comparative Study of Preference of Consumers of Supermarkets and Rythu Bazaars – The Farmers’ Markets of Andhra Pradesh. International Journal of Engineering and Management Sciences, Vol.3 July, 2012, pp. 272-279
- Dey, Subhendu. (2012). Key Drivers for Farmers and Consumers of Rythu Bazaars – A Study of the Farmers’ Markets of Andhra Pradesh. Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics and Management, Vol. II Issue – VI, June 2012, pp. 48-57
- Dey, Subhendu. (2011). Bank on Technology. Times of India, July 27, 2011
- Dey, Subhendu. (2010). Wake up before it is too late: Competition is coming from Non-competing Industries. SSRN, August 2010
- Dey, Subhendu. (2010). Innovators…… Or Creators of Markets. GBS @ Work, August 2010
- Dey, Subhendu, Keka, Lahiri, and Alakjary, Tudu. (2010). Tata Nano – The low cost aspirational car. SSRN, June 2010
- Dey, Subhendu, Indrani, Kar, and Nilanjana, Banerjee. (2010). Vodafone – Branding Challenges in India. ECCH, February 2010
- Dey, Subhendu. (2009). Government must emulate Andhra’s Rythu Bazaar Model. The Economic Times, October12, 2009
- Dey, Subhendu. (2009). Farmer to Customer – Increasing efficiencies in the Supply Chain. GBS @ Work, July 2009
- Dey, Subhendu. (2009). Employee Retention-A Key to Organizational Growth. Globsyn Management Journal, Vol. 3 Issue 1, pp. 45-49.
- Sarker, Tapan, Subhendu, Dey, and Anish, Yousaf, (2018) “The role of enterprises in influencing climate change policy adoption in transitioning economies: A Case Study of SELCO Solar Light Pvt Ltd. In India” in the 30th SASE Annual Conference at Doshisha University, Kyoto during June 23-25, 2018
- Yousaf, A., and Dey, Subhendu. (2018). “Brand Trust & Students Word-of-Mouth Attitude: Exploring the Role of Student Loyalty via Path Analysis Approach” in the CERE-2018: Conference on Excellence in Research and Education organized by IIM Indore during May 03-06, 2018
- Dey, Subhendu, “Publishing, not perishing” conducted a doctoral workshop in the 5th International Conference on Sustainable Destination Excellence: Transforming Social Communities through tourism Entrepreneurship” at University of Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir on February 23, 2018.
- Dey, Subhendu., “Eliminating Middlemen through Direct Marketing at Rythu Bazaars – How Indian Farmers are Benefitting Courtesy a Social Initiative Allowing Farmers to Sell at these Farmers’ Markets” presented in a research seminar at the Department of International Business and Asian Studies, Griffith Business School, Griffith University, Australia on December 19, 2017.
- Gupta, Anil, Nikita, Dogra, Anish, Yousaf, and Subhendu, Dey, “Understanding continuance intention of mobile wallets using extended expectation-confirmation (ECM) model” presented at PAN IIM World Conference 2017 at IIM Lucknow, December 14-16, 2017.
- Dey, Subhendu, and Bibhutesh, Nayak, (2017). “Consumers’ Preference of Indian Shopping Malls – An Exploratory Study” presented at IIMI-NASMEI Summer Marketing Conference 2017, July 27-29, 2017
- Dey, Subhendu, “Attracting and Nurturing Good Faculty Talent”, addressed in the Regional Conclave on Management Education in the VUCA World organized by CII Chennai, February 12, 2015.
- Dey, Subhendu, Soumali, Dutta. Siddharth, Dasgupta., and Ishani, Banerjee. (2014) Nokia – Connecting too few people presented at the Case Centre’s Anniversary Conference at IIM Bangalore, 8-9, September 2014
Other Value Adds
- Received a research grant jointly with Prof Tapan Sarker of Griffith University from GCSE Sustainability Small Grants round of funding of Griffith University, Australia for a multi-country research on farmer’s markets in India and Vietnam..
Management Development Programs/ Executive Development Programs / Consultancy
- Co-trainer for an Executive Development Program on “Marketing Analytics for the Growth of Companies” for industry practitioners conducted by RSB on June 09 and 10, 2017.
- Conducted a Management Development Program on “Multi-faceted Roles of a Manager” for Departmental Managers of Southern Petrochemical Industries Corporation Ltd. and Greenstar Fertilizers Ltd. at SPIC, Tuticorin on January 22, 2016.
- Conducted a Management Development Program on “Multi-faceted Roles of a Manager” for Departmental Managers of Southern Petrochemical Industries Corporation Ltd. and Greenstar Fertilizers Ltd. at SPIC, Tuticorin on October 16, 2015.
- Developed the Business Plan for Techno Economic Viability Study For Expansion & Debt-Restructuring of Print Shop & Group, a leading printing house in Chennai, undertaken for Ecofin Global Consulting, Hyderabad in March – April 2011.
- Developed the Business Plan for a Feasibility Study to set up a Sunflower Crushing Plant at Russia submitted to WND Holdings, undertaken for Ecofin Global Consulting, Hyderabad in April – May 2011.
- Developed the Business Plan for Hartt Hotel Supplies, KSA undertaken for Ecofin Global Consulting, Hyderabad in November 2009.