Dr. Nandeesh V Hiremath
|Name||Dr. Nandeesh V Hiremath|
|Area||HRM, General Management, Entrepreneurship Development & Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs)|
Dr. Nandeesh V. Hiremath is a multi-skilled and techno-management professional with over 24 years of experience in Teaching, Training, Consultancy, Research and Higher Education Administration & Management. He is currently involved at IBA in Teaching (HRM, General management & Entrepreneurship Development), managing MDPs & Industry-Institute Interaction (I3) initiatives.
Prior to joining IBA, Dr. Nandeesh has held senior academic leadership positions at various institutions in Bangalore. Dr.Nandeesh has attended, presented & published over 50 research papers in many National & international Conferences/Seminars/Symposia and journals. He has undergone a special ‘FDP on Enrtrepreneurship’ organised by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) and is a trained ‘Entrepreneurship Educator’ from EDII. He is proactively associated with professional bodies like NHRD, NIPM, QCFI, ISTD, BMA, ICBE, etc. and passionately engages in contributing to Rotary International since 2003. His special interests include Consultancy with NGOs, Professional networking, Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), Career mentoring to students & youth from rural India.
- M.Sc. (Agri.), MBA (HRM & Marketing), Ph.D., PGDHRM, PGDRD, CCIPRs & ACBT-IPRs (WIPO Worldwide Academy, Switzerland)
- Currently pursuing Post-Graduate Diploma in Higher Education Management & Administration (PGDEMA) from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi, 2014-15.
- Professor & Principal, Ramaiah Institute of Business Studies (RIBS/ RIMS), Bangalore
- Professor & Director – Industry & Academic Collaborations, CMR University, Bangalore
- Professor & Dean, IBMR – International Business School, Bangalore
- Professor & Asst. Dean, International Institute of Business Studies, Bangalore
- Senior Faculty & Director I/c at National Institute of Rural Banking (NIRB) (A NABARD funded training Institute)
- Manager – R & D (Tropica Seeds Pvt. Ltd.).
Professional & Social Affiliations
- Life Member, National HRD Network (NHRD-N), Bangalore
- Life Member, Quality Circle Forum of India (QCFI), Bangalore
- Member, National Institute of Personnel Management (NIPM), Bangalore
- Member, Bangalore Management Association (BMA), Bangalore
- Member, MTC (Management Teachers Consortium) Global, Bangalore
- Executive member, Kayaka Foundation (Group of HR Professionals), Bangalore (since 2003)
- Charter Member, Rotary Bangalore Mahalakshmi, Rotary International District 3190, Bangalore (May 2003 – June 2014)
- Member, Rotary Bangalore Cosmopolitan, Rotary International District 3190, Bangalore (since July 2014)
Honors & Achievements
- Conferred ‘Outstanding Leadership Award’ (July 2014) by IBMR-International Business School, Bangalore for the Excellent contributions done as Professor & Dean, to re-build the B-School during 2012-14.
- Conferred ‘Outstanding Rotarian Award’(Aug 2006) by Rotary Bangalore Mahalakshmi, an affiliate of Rotary International, USA for the outstanding services & excellent performance in this Club as Director-Vocational Service, Director-International Service, Bulletin Editor, Secretary, Centennial President & Alumni of The Rotary Foundation.
International Assignments, Honors & Awards
- Techno-management Consultant from Agri-Grow More(Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. Group of Co. Visited Malaysia twice as a Techno-management Consultant to facilitate International Collaborations (2006) with Ministry of Agriculture, Malaysia from Indian Companies
- Distinguished Young Professional (Trainer) Award from Rotary International, USA
– Visited USA as a member of prestigious ‘Group Study Exchange Team’, as Socio-cultural Ambassador from Karnataka / India to USA (Apr-May 2003)
– Interacted with Professors of Business Management Schools at reputed Universities
– GSE is a program aimed at enhancing international understanding & world peace
- Conference Sponsorship Award under International Post-Graduate Student Sponsorship Category from Gatsby Foundation, UK & Visited United Kingdom to participate in 50th SEB Intl. Symposium at Univ. of Cambridge (1995)
- Lead MBA Students’ International Industrial Visits (SIIVs) four times as Faculty Coordinator during Feb 2009 & June 2011 to Singapore & Malaysia: Facilitated Seminars; visits to Universities, Industries & other places
National Level Recognition, Honors & Awards
- Won the 1st Prize in Best Paper presentation Award in National Conference on “Emerging Business Opportunities & Challenges, 2013” during 22-23March 2013 organized by R.V. Institute of Management (RVIM), Association of Indian Management Schools & Bangalore Management Association (BMA),
- Young Scientist Foreign Travel Grant from Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Govt. of India, New Delhi & Presented 5 Research papers in 2 International Conferences at UK (1995), Interacted with Scientists at Plant Science Research Labs of various Universities
- Senior Research Fellowship for Ph.D. by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi (1993-97)
- Research Scholarship for Ph.D. by ASPEE Agricultural Research and Devt. Foundation, Bombay (1994-97).
University Level Recognition & Scholarships
- University Merit Scholarship for Ph.D. by University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad (1993-95)
- University Merit Scholarship for M.Sc.(Agri.) by University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore (1990-91)
- Chairman –TEACH Committee, Rotary International District 3190, Bangalore (2015-16)
- Founder Trustee*, Rotary Cosmopolitan Trust, Bangalore (since 2015)
- Dist. Coordinator- New Gen., Rotary International District 3190, Bangalore (2012-13)
- Chairman, TRF Alumni Association, Rotary Intl. Dist.3190,B’lore (2007-08)
- Training Facilitator, Rotary International District 3190, Bangalore (2006-07 & 2009-10)
- Centennial President, Rotary Club of Mahalakshmi, Bangalore (2004-05)
- Founder Trustee*, International Veerashaiva Foundation, Hubli (since 2008)
- Founder President*, Prakruthi Foundation, Bangalore (since 2006)
- Founder Secretary*, Lokaseva Foundation, Bangalore (since 2004)
- Coordinator-India*, Lokaseva Charity Foundation, New Jersey, USA (2003 to 2011)
- Secretary, Genetics Society, UAS, Bangalore (1994-96)
- Secretary, Plant Breeders Association, UAS, Bangalore (1991)
* – Honorary positions in Non-Profit Organizations
- Dr.Nandeesh V. Hiremath (2007), Glorious Heritage of Veerashaivism & Shree Rambhapuri Peetha, Book No. 44 out of 50 Books Published by Shree Madveerashaiva Sadbhodana Mahasamste (Regd.), Shreemad Rambhapuri Mahasamsttana Peetha, Balehonnur -577112, Karnataka, India.
Area of Research
- Human Resource Management (HRM) aspects in Organizations
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) & their implications to Developing countries
- Capacity building & participatory approaches for integrated rural development by NGOs
- Skill Building & Employability studies of youth through Industry-Institute Interaction (I3) initiatives OR Industry-Academia Collaborations
- Biotechnology, Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) & their applications in Indian context
Publications/ Articles & Papers Presented in National & International Conferences /Seminars
- Dr.Nandeesh V. Hiremath, Priyanka Joe, Bindhu K. and Shobana Meshach (2015), Changing trends of Business & Management Education in India, Review paper presented at National Seminar on ‘Harmonization of Indian Business Education in the context of Global Education’ organized by Indian Council of Business Education (ICBE), Bangalore on 20 November 2015, and published in ICBE Proceedings, 2015, 1 : 75-91. ((ISBN 978-1-5136-0595-1)
- Dr.Nandeesh V. Hiremath, Prof.Shiv Tripathi, Bindu K. and Priyanka Joe (2015), Analysis of Trends in Business Ecosystem of Investments and Acquisitions overseas by Indian Multinational Enterprises (IMEs) in a new Global order, Research Paper presented at 4th International Conference on “Business Ecosystems – Issues, Challenges & Opportunities” organized by Dept. of Management Studies & Research Centre, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore: November 5 & 6, 2015.
- Gurunath Jyantikar, H.V.Rajeev, Sharangouda G. Patil and Dr. Nandeesh V. Hiremath (2013), Progressive Growth trends and Innovative Business Practices of Karnataka State Souharda Federal Cooperative Ltd. (KSSFCL), Paper submitted & presented at 8th International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) Asia Pacific Regional Research Conference: 29-30 November 2013. Organized by and held at University of Mysore, Mysore.
- Dr. Nandeesh V. Hiremath, Dr.Krishna R., Shreedevi Shintri and Kruparani M.C. (2013), Current trends in Psychological Contract & Employee Engagement Practices as tools of Talent Management in selected Globally Integrated Enterprises (GIEs), Paper submitted & presented at National Conference on “Emerging Trends in HRM”, 29 October 2013. Organised by PES Institute of Technology, Dept of MBA, Bangalore.
- Dr. Nandeesh V. Hiremath, Kruparani M.C., Dr. R. Krishna (2013), A Critical Review of current status, changing trends and future prospects for Management Education & Employability of MBA/PGDM Graduates in India, Paper submitted & presented at National Conference on “MBA at the Cross Roads”, September 14, 2013 Organised by M. S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Dept. of Management Studies, Bangalore and being published in M.S.R. Journal of Management, 1 (2): 1-10 (ISSN 2321-7383).
- Dr. Nandeesh V. Hiremath, Kruparani M.C., Dr.Shilpa Warad, and S.N. Manik (2013), Current status, progress, trends and innovations in Global Healthcare by the Government, Private and Non-Profit Organizations, with special reference to India, Paper submitted & presented at National Conference on Emerging Business Opportunities & Challenges, March 22-23, 2013 Organised by R.V. Institute of Managment, Bangalore and Published in Book entitled “Emerging Business Opportunities & Challenges : Special Focus on Healthcare” (Ed. Dr.T.V.Raju), Published by Excel Books, New Delhi, page 220-230. (ISBN 978-93- 5062-333-6)
- Dr. Shilpa Warad, Dr. Nandeesh V. Hiremath, Dr. Krishna R., Mahentesh Goudar and Kruparani Pradeep (2013), Health Insurance Industry : Ray of Hope for cashless Hospitalization in India, Paper submitted & presented at National Conference on Emerging Business Opportunities & Challenges, March 22-23, 2013 Organised by R.V. Institute of Managment, Bangalore and Published in Book entitled “Emerging Business Opportunities & Challenges : Special Focus on Healthcare” (Ed. Dr.T.V.Raju), Published by Excel Books, New Delhi, page 23-35. (ISBN 978-93-5062-333-6)
Chairperson, Subject Matter Expert (SME) & Panelist
- Chaired as Technical Session Chairperson at INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE on “Strategies and Action Plans for Sustainable Development in Higher Education” organized by Presidency College, Bangalore on 8th August 2014.
- Acted as Subject Matter Expert (SME) / Panelist & Resource Person at various MDPs & EDPs for Senior Executives of Cooperative Institutions in Karnataka between 2004 and 2015.
Case Analysis/Book Reviews
- Dr.S.T.S. Reddy, Dr.N V Hiremath, Raja Mohammad & Ashok Alur (2005), Working Paper Series No.2, entitled “Tradition meeting Modernity” – ‘A case study on the Management of Mudiayanur Tank, Kolar District, Karnataka’, project sponsored & working paper published by Swiss Agency for Development & Cooperation – Inter-Cooperation (SDC-IC), Switzerland / Bangalore, along with Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
Government/Industry Sponsored Projects
Has been associated as Training Facilitator / Guest Faculty at Staff Training Centres (STCs) of Central/ State Govts through Training & Development (T&D) interventions in
- Karnataka State Financial Corporation (KSFC), Bangalore
- Department of Agriculture, Horticulture & Sericulture, Govt. of Karnataka & Tamil Nadu
- National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), R.O. Bangalore
Management Development Programs/ Executive Development Programs / Consultancy
Management Development Programs/ Executive Development Programs :
As Senior Faculty (Trainer for Bank Executives) & Director I/c at National Institute for Rural Banking (NIRB), Bangalore (A premier National-level Training Institute for Bank Executives)
- Worked as Programme Director / Training Coordinator – managed 134 MDPs / EDPs & as Core Trainer for 375 programmes & trained over 12,500 Middle & Senior level Bank Executives
- Designed 19 new MDPs / EDPs / Trainings [enabling the institute to increase annual training programmes from 35 to 61 during 2000-07] & acted as Faculty Leader for designing of Client-specific Trainings (generating an additional income of over 22%+ during 2003-06)
- Developed / Edited the Training Course Material of 40 programs in Human Resource Management (HRM), Project Management, Financial Management etc
- Was recognized as Effective Liaison officer in organizing International Exchange Study Visits (between India and Poland/ Singapore/ Malaysia) of NIRB
Worked as Techno-management Consultant- for International NGO Funding Agencies in India (Bilateral programmes in India): Training, Project Management /Monitoring & Evaluation & Technical Support during 2002 to 2011 viz.,
- Indo-Swiss :Swiss Agency for Devt & Coop. Inter-Cooperation (SDC-IC), B’lore
- Indo-Swiss Participatory Watershed Devt Project-Karnataka(ISPWD-K), B’lore
- Indo-Dutch : AME (Agriculture Man Ecology) Foundation, Bangalore
- Indo-Danish : DANIDA-WYTEP Project with Govt. of Karnataka, Bangalore
- Indo-Scottish : Scottish Catholic International Aid Fund (SCIAF), Scotland, UK
- Indo-German: Karl Kubel Stiffing (KKS), Germany
- Indo-US: Caritas India, funded by Caritas, USA
Worked on International Collaborations as Technical Consultant (India) & Coordinator for 4 Malaysian Companies (2006) viz.,
- AgriGrowMore (Malayasia) Sdn. Bhd., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Bio-technology Nexus (M) Sdn. Bhd., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Organic Pest Control (M) Sdn. Bhd., Seremban, Malaysia
- Deshyam Bio-Tani (M) Sdn. Bhd., Penang, Malaysia
Trainings / Events / Summits attended for Professional Enrichment
- ‘Millionaire Mind’ Workshop – By Peak Potentials & Harv Eker, USA at Coimbatore (8-9 March 2015)
- ‘FICCI Higher Education Summit –(FICCI-HES 2014)’ – Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry’s Higher Education Summit at New Delhi (Nov 13-14,2014)
- ‘Landmark Forum’ Seminar – Landmark Worldwide Education Pvt. Ltd., USA at Bangalore (Sept 28-30, 2014)
- ‘CII South Zone Meet’ – Confederation of Indian Industry, Bangalore (Sept 14, 2014)
- ‘5-Keys for Excellence in Business’ – Dr.Doris-MasterNLP Trainer,USA & C2X,B’lore(7-8 Dec’13)
- ‘FD-NLP in Teaching & Learning’ – Cambridge Inst of Tech.- MBA Dept, B’lore (30 Aug 2013)
- ‘Excellence in Teaching Methods’ – Intl. Institute of Business Studies (IIBS), B’lore (Aug.2011)
- ‘Technology enabled Learning(TeL)-Level-2’ – Sikkim Manipal University (SMU), B’lore (Dec. 2009)
- ‘FDP- Psychology, Technology & Excellence in Education’ – IBMR-IBS, Bangalore (Aug. 2009)
- ‘Technology enabled Learning(TeL)-Level-1’ – Sikkim Manipal University (SMU), B’lore (Feb. 2009)
- ‘Technology enabled Learning(TeL)’ – Sikkim Manipal University (SMU), B’lore (Aug. 2008)
- ‘Global Financial Turmoil’ – IBMR-IBS, Banglore (Aug.2008)
- ‘Good Business Practices’ – Quality Circle Forum of India (QCFI), B’lore (May 2007)
- ‘District Leadership Training’ – R.I.Dist. 3190 of Rotary International, USA (March 2007)
- ‘Mind your Mind’ Workshop – SellMark Inc, Bangalore (June 2006)
- Orientation of Training Facilitators – R.I.Dist. 3190 (Banaglore) of Rotary International (R.I.), Chicago, USA (April 2006)
- Result Based Management (RBM) – Leger Foundation, Canada at People Development Training Centre (PDTC) at Warangal, AP (Feb, 2006)
- Trg. on Impact of IPRs in Biotech Industry – Biotech Consortium of India Ltd.(BCIL),New Delhi(Mar 2005)