Prof. B. M. Gourish
|Name||B. M. Gourish|
|Subject Area||Human Resources|
Prof. B. M. Gourish is a 2nd Rank holder in MSW (HRM) from Gulbarga University and a 1st Class holder in PG Program in Training & Development from ISTD, New Delhi, Bangalore chapter.
Prior to joining as Asst. Professor-HR in the department of Management Studies at IBA, Mr. Gourish started his journey as Executive in Personnel-Welfare-HR-IR functions and worked last as HEAD-HR bringing 23+ qualitative years of experience across wide gamut of HR in different business verticals. He has 2 volumes of hard core Personnel/HR experience consisting of Manufacturing (Engineering, Pharmaceuticals) and Non Manufacturing segments (ITES, Design& Detailed Engineering /EPC). As HR professional he was instrumental in bringing the changes through innovative ER &HR practices and has credentials in signing the wage settlement with the unions. Employee grievance handling and employee counselling besides organising employee training programs and recreation activities enabled cordial relations & healthy environment with the employees.
- MSW (HRM) (Gulbarga University, Gulbarga, Karnataka)
- PGDTD(ISTD, New Delhi, Bangalore Chapter)
- B.A (Gulbarga University)
- 23+ years of experience in Manufacturing/Engineering/Pharma/ITES/design & detail Engineering/KPO
- Executive-Welfare /Dy.Manager –HRD & Personnel, The Mysore Kirloskar Limited.
- Manager-Personnel & Industrial Relations, AMCO Batteries Ltd.
- Head-HR & Admin, Banner Pharma Caps,
- Manager-HR, Macmillan India Ltd.
- Head-HR, Valdel.
- Sr.Manager-HR, HDO Technologies Ltd
- Head-HR, CICB Chemicon.
- AGM-HR, TRC Ltd.
- Currently working as Asst.Professor-HR in Indus Business Academy, B-School.
Honors & Achievements
- Awarded Silver Medal for securing 2nd Rank in MSW from Gulbarga University, Gulbarga.
- I class holder in PGDTD, ISTD, New Delhi/Bangalore
- Felicitated in the college for securing First Class in BA
Professional Achievements/Highlights of HR Initiatives
- Appreciated for organising health camps, Blood donation.
- Appreciated for introducing GYM to the employees
- Appreciated by union/employees and management in saving the lives of the employees during industrial accidents.
- Introduced Quality Circles, kaizan movement
- Achieved in completing the Talent Acquisition on time, Introduced Retention strategies,
- Designed Compensation and Benefits,
- Organisational change through Process Improvement,
- Appreciated by Labour department authorities in complying health, safety and welfare measures/ Statutory Compliance.
- Appreciated by the International auditors for implementing good HR practices in Pharma.
- Instrumental in bringing the changes through innovative IR/ER &HR practices and has credentials in signing the wage settlement with the unions.
- Effective Employee grievance handling and employee counselling in creating cordial & healthy relations.
- Effective implementation of KRA for executives
- Designed Induction manual
- Successful international audits from -TGA Australia, MCA-UK, Brazil and received appreciation.
Course Skills & Specialties
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Compensation & Benefits Organizational Development
- Employee Relations
- Reward & Recognition
- Training & Development
- Employee Engagement
- HR / Statutory Compliance
- Process Development
- Exit Management Career Planning Performance Management