Prof. Nagendra G. Hegde
|Subject Area||Marketing Management|
Mr. Nagendra G. Hegde is a MBA (Marketing) from one of the well-known Business Schools, Siddaganga Institute of Management Studies, Tumkur. Having accomplished that in 2001. He has worked in various capacities in companies that have operations in FMCG and Telecom arena. His roles and responsibilities have been Sales and Operations Centric, particularly the business development through Channel network. The work experience across the FMCG and telecom sectors have exposed him to various business functions such as; Product Design and Development, Strategic Planning(Operations), Sales, Promotion, Logistics Management, etc. He have been into Senior Roles in Management since from last 4 years.
- MBA in Marketing (Vishveshwaraiah Technological University)
- BBA (Karnataka University)
- Regional Sales Manager at Vaasu Agarbatthis
- Regional Growth Manager at Parle Agro Pvt Ltd.(Beverages Division)
- Area Sales Manager at Unitech Trades and Imports (AKAI Battery Division)
- Deputy Manager at Reliance Communications Ltd.
- Sales Officer at Eveready Industries India Ltd.
- Customer Service and Programme Manager at Reliance Infocomm Ltd.
Honors & Achievement
- “STAR PERFORMER” award at Parle Agro in 2011, being conferred by the Joint Managing Director, Ms. Nadia Chauhan Kurup herself.
- “OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTOR” award for achieving Operational Excellence in Unitech Trades and Imports (AKAI Battery Division) during 2009-2010.
- Most Valued Employee at Reliance in 2008 and being elevated to Dy Manager Position
- One of the highest contributing employees at Eveready in terms of growth registered during 2005
- Dairy Sector Movement in Rural Area
- Consumer Behaviour in Rural Market
- Building Distribution Model for Rural Markets
Professional Development Activities
- Workshop on Personality Development conducted by Reliance Communications at Bangalore in 2007.
- Workshop on Effective Selling conducted by Reliance Communications at Bangalore in 2007.
- Workshop on Business Communications conducted by Reliance Communications at Bangalore in 2008.
- Attended an Annual Sales Conference at Panjim, Goa while in Eveready Industries India Ltd. Was part of a Seminar programme on “Winning Negotiations”.
- Instrumental in arranging a training programme for the subordinates at Unitech on the subject “Importance of Positive Attitude in Business Development” during Dec 2010.
- Arranged a training to the sales staff at Parle Agro on “How to be competitive at work place?” during May 2011.
- Proven skills in managing teams to work in sync with the corporate objectives & motivating them for achieving business and individual goals.
- An effective communicator with excellent relationship building, interpersonal skills with strong analytical, problem solving & organizational abilities.
- Building Sales through Distribution Model.
- Strategic Reasoning
Contributions To The Corporate World
Innovation Adapted in Business Development at Parle Agro Pvt Ltd.
Long-Term Objective – To increase the market share of “Frooti” brand beverages by 14% in two years.
Annual Objective – To meet the Annual Business Plan (ABP) to garner 15% growth over LY.
Target Market – Business Development through Rural Market Penetration. It was evident that about 40% of the sales volume has been generated by 65% of the retail outlets who are either new outlets in new/existing market or existing outlets in existing markets which are out of focus due to various reasons. I was pretty sure of the opportunities in this segment.
The Problems – The problem was very orthodox that we kept on feeding the existing creamy markets, while neglecting the rest.
1. No infrastructure (limited infrastructure) to cover the rural areas, resulting the unorganised brands reaching out there.
2. Almost 80% of these petty and small time outlets are not regular buyers. This is because they kept on selling only one range due to cooling problems (Electricity shortage and the cost of refrigerator is out of their reach) and due to no regular distribution system in place.
Solution – To accomplish the goal of reaching out to rural markets, we decided to counter the problems underneath it.
I realized a necessity of distributing a cost-effective cooling system for them to enable a hassle-free selling. That is when I convinced management and even succeeded. We introduced an ice-box and started distributing it selectively. The box was designed such a way to address many purposes at one go.
- The ice-box was a tailor made cooling system for rural market where there is a severe power cut prevailing. Even during long power cut, a retailer could sell a range of products
- It bore a Appy Fizz branding which resulted in introducing Fizz products in to rural markets which were earlier known only to urban markets.
Result – This has solved many problems.
- It brought many new retailers to our fold who were earlier selling other unorganised brands.
- Our range selling has improved by 30%
- Outlet base increased by 22% and the sales volume by 13%
Of course the distribution set up was completed in the target market to materialise the objective.
Employee Engagement Programme to Enhance Productivity at Work Place- At Unitech and Parle Agro
It was observed that many employees worked with an unclear objective or they failed to quantify their work status against the objective. This has resulted in many employees miserably failing or missing their targets by margin. Any employee who knows his position, who understands his role will do a better job. Keeping this in mind, I have introduced an employee “Performance evaluation” method after a trial and error success. The evaluation method was very much successful that it resulted in increase of employee productivity.
- List out the KRAs and assign a weightage point to each one of them based on their priority of importance.
- Establish a percentage of performance (Target Vs. Actual)
- Multiply the weightage points by the percentage of achievement which would give an absolute number.
- Rank the employees based on the numbers obtained
- A competitive environment is developed at the work place. A self-motive to excel over others prevailed which resulted in employee productivity going up.
- This is a transparent and clear, yet effective performance evaluation system which everybody can understand and appreciate. The success of it made the management to implement it across India.