Prof. Prema Ramachandran
|Name||Prof. Prema Ramachandran|
|Subject Area||Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Managemeent|
Prof. Prema Ramachandran has a master’s degree in English Literature and an MBA in HR from Viswabaharathi University. She has been teaching Human Resources Management and Organisational Behaviour and Communication Skills to Engineering and MBA students in Mumbai, Delhi, Kerala and M.P for over two decades. She is also working on her Doctoral thesis on “The Inter-relationships of Personality Factors, Emotional Intelligence, and Organizational Citizenship Behaviour” with Mumbai University. She has conducted a number of Faculty Development Programmes and MDPs as well as corporate workshops in the areas of presentation skills, interpersonal effectiveness and effective communication. Besides teaching, Prof. Ramachandran writes extensively. Her areas of interest are Multicultural Communication, Presentation Skills and Gender issues. Her current projects include a book on Shakespeare, which is an inter-disciplinary effort.
- M.A. (Eng.Lit)
- MBA (HR)
- Lecturer, RKDF Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal
- Lecturer, JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
- Faculty, ICFAI Business school, Mumbai
Area of Research
- Organizational communication
- Managerial effectiveness
- Management in Indian epics
- “Unleashing the power of self help – The story of world’s largest microfinance program “ Article published in ‘The Professional Banker’
- “A CEO Extraordinary” – An interview with Mr. V.Vivekanandan, ex-CEO of SIFFS, published in ‘Effective Executive’
- “Willing suspension of disbelief-function of poetry” – Article in the edited book Communication – chaos and beyond edited by Dr. Anuradha Malshe.
- “Impressions-Malayalam Cinema through the ages ” –In the edited book Panorama: A perspective of Cinema around the world
- “Insurance and Social Security for rural India”- The journal of Insurance Institute of India July-December 2011
- “Is the pen really mightier than the sword, the films and the television? Product placement in books” – International Journal of Management Research and Business Strategy July 2013
- “THE BARD OF AVON AS A BUSINESS GURU: MANAGEMENT LESSONS FROM SHAKESPEARE”- International Journal of Management Research and Business Strategy July 2013
- “Are You a Kaurava or a Pandava at Work?: Management Lessons from the Mahabharata”- The IUP Journal of Soft Skills, Vol. VII, No. 2, June 2013
- “A Revolution in Innovative Technology – The V Guard Story”- a Case study published in the IOSR Journal of Business and Management, volume 3
Case Analysis/Book Reviews
- “A Revolution in Innovative Technology – The V Guard Story”- Case study presented at the International Case Study Conference- Leveraging Business Value by Evolving Management Practices, Feb 20, 2014, IES Management College and Research Center, and published in IOSR Journal of Business and Management, volume 3
- “Kudumbashree-Empowering Women” – A case study of the Kudumbashree experiment published in the edited book Women and education in India, edited by Dr. Anuradha Malshe.
- “Kathakali- A case study on nonverbal communication” in the edited book Communication- chaos and beyond edited by Dr. Anuradha Malshe.
- Review of the book “The art of war” by Sun Tzu in The ICFAI Journal of History and Culture .
Other Value Ads
- Management Development Programs/ Executive Development Programs / Consultancy : corporate training in interpersonal skills and communication skills( HDFC ERGO, Arcil Corporation Playspan, Emtec software( Mind Tree).
- MDP on Corporate etiquette and grooming at IBS, Mumbai
- MDP on High Impact Presentation skills in IBS, Mumbai
- Corporate training on Achiever’s motivation for middle level managers for HDFC ERGO.