Prof. Smita M. Gaikwad
|Name||Prof. Smita M. Gaikwad|
Prof Smita M Gaikwad is an Assistant Professor in the area of Marketing at Indus Business Academy. She has studied Management from Kousali Institute of Management Studies, Dharwad. After a short stint in NKSSIA Industries as a CEO she shifted to academics. She is having more than ten years of teaching experience. She has also worked as Principal for SDM Institute for Management Studies, Hubli, She was an active member of Governing Council at JSS and has also worked as Chairman and Chief examiner for Examination Board, KUD and Pune University.
Presently she is pursuing her Ph.D from Tumkur University and her area of research is E-Tailing. She received ‘Best Paper presentation Award’ in 2012 for her research on “Consumer Psychological-contract”. She has presented several papers in National and International Conferences credited with research publications in various referred journals. She is recipient of State & National level Scholarship. She has chaired the National level seminars and judged various Management events.
Ph.D. : E-Tailing ( Tumkur University , Karnataka ) ( pursuing ).
MPhil : Soft Skill Training ( Periyar University , Salem)
K-SET : Mysore University
MBA : Marketing ( Karnatak University Dharwad )
BBA : Karnatak University Dharwad
- Principal ,SDM Institute for Management Studies, Hubli
- Asst Professor, Surana College PG Center Kengeri , Bangalore.
- Asst Professor, Dr Veerendra Heggade Institute of Management Studies, Dharwad.
- Lecturer, JSS College of Management Studies, Dharwad.
- Lecturer, Karanatak College, Dharwad.
- Academic Counselor, IGNOU Center
- Visiting faculty for KSOU, Pune University and Shivaji University Kolapur.
- CEO, North Karnataka Small Scale Industries Association Hubli.
Academic & Personal Affiliations
- Assisted in conceptualization and development of Corporate English Training Center for Rural students of North Karnataka.
- Member of Governing Council at SSN Soft Skill Training Center, Mumbai.
- Joint Director of Nataya Mandhir Dance Academy Pune.
- Chairman of Marathi Kala-Shetra Natay Kendra , Sangali.
- Best Paper Presentation Award for research paper presented in National Conference held at Sheshadripuram Academy of Business Studies, Bangalore.
- Best Teacher of the Year – 2008 from Oxford Soft Skill Training Center.
- Best Lavani Dancing Group Award from Nataya Mandhir Dance Academy Pune.
Area of Research
- E- tailing – The New Paradigm shift of Marketers
- Retailing and Consumer Behavior
- Employee Branding- A New Strategic edge for Corporates
- Consumer Psychological-contract
- Creation of Viral Advertising
- International Journal titled “ Employer branding – The Competitive Edge for Corporate Success “ , IJEMR-Jan 2013-vol 3 Issue 1-ISSN 2249-2585
- National Conference held GIMS Bangalore “Employer Branding: A New Strategic Drive ISBN 978-93-5097-784-2.
- International Conference held at BMSCE, Bangalore on “The challenges towards sustainability and growth of Employer Branding: A review of Indian cases. ISBN 978-93-7345-988-1
- International Conference held at Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore “Employer Branding: A New Strategic Drive Which No Business Can Ignore” ISBN 9780615739601
- International Conference held at PESIT, Bangalore on 23rd & 24th Nov 2012 on “E-Tailing – The mantra for E- Retailer’s success in India by leveraging the internet technology”
- International Conference held at BMSCE, Bangalore on 20th and 21st Dec 2012 on “The challenges towards sustainability and growth of Employer Branding: A review of Indian cases.
- International Conference held at Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 28th and 29th Dec 2012 on “Employer Branding: A New Strategic Drive Which No Business Can Ignore”
- National Conference held at Sheshadripuram Academy of Business Studies, Bangalore on 23rd Feb 2013 “An Empirical Study On Consumer Perception Towards Promotional Activities Provided By Shoppers Stop Bangalore”
- National Conference held GIMS Bangalore “Employer Branding: A New Strategic Drive.
- Attended FDP on International Business with AIMA -All India Management Association Delhi.
- Participated in MDP on Research for Aspirants PES College Bangalore.
- Coordinated National Conference “Samshodhana” on Corporate Governance in Surana College kengeri, Bangalore
- Participated in FDP on Entrepreneurship Development at IMSR-Hubli.
- Attended “Corporate Etiquettes “Training program organized by Jain Groups MATS College in Goa.
- Participated in Workshop on SPSS-Its Applications in Research Kaizen Societies IEMS-Hubli .
- Attended a Workshop on Management Pedagogy at KIMS-Dharwad
- Participated in Pedagogy Meet held at A S Patil College of commerce Bijapur
- Pedagogy Workshop DVH-IMSR , Dharwad
- Participated in “Global Skills Enhancement Program” at Infosys Leadership Institute, Mysore.
- Attended National level Seminar on Research Methodology in Tumkur University.
|1||16/17 April 2016||International Conference||IIT Delhi|
|2||42399||National Conference||Dayanand Sagar College Bangalore|
|3||42390||Coordinated Strategic Management Forum workshop||IBA Bangalore|
|4||42385||Conducted FDP||IBA Bangalore|
|5||17 to 19 Dec 2015||International Conference||IIM Bangalore|
|6||25/26 Nov 2015||International Conference||Bangalore University|
|8||7 to 9 May 2015||National Conference||M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore|
Paper presentations in Conference (National /International)
|Sl. No||Date of Presentation/ Publication||Title of the Paper Article||Presented in|
|1||18-12-2015||An empirical study on leveraging Retail analytics for promotions in Decathlon||IIM Bangalore, International conference|
|2||25-12-2015||A empirical study on E-branding activities of Snapdeal during festive season||Bangalore University, International Conference|
|3||13-11-2014||Customer Relationship Management: Is it a potential tool for sustaining competitive advantage||BMS College Bangalore, International Conference|
|4||23-04-2014||The impact of e-branding on consumers buying behavior: A conceptual framework||IBA, Bangalore, International conference|
|5||24-04-2014||Determinants Of Retail Selection Decision: A comparative study of rural and urban consumers||IBA, Bangalore, International conference|
|6||03-04-2014||An empirical study on Marketing strategies of ferns & petals.com & my flowertree.com.||Kristu Jayanthi Bangalore, International conference|
|7||04-04-2014||The art of listening: a strategic drive for new age executives.||Kristu Jayanthi Bangalore, International conference|
|8||06-02-2014||Guerrilla Marketing: A Strategy of unconventional attack on Consumers||IBA, Greater Noida, International conference|
|9||23-02-2013||Best Outstanding paper award for research paper presented in International Conference organized by BMS College, Bangalore||Sheshadripuram Academy of Business Studies, Bangalore, National Conference|
|10||12-12-2013||A comparative study on marketing strategies of ferns & petals .com & my flowertree.com .||RV College Bangalore, National Conference|
|11||21-09-2013||An empirical study on factors influencing rural and urban consumers in selecting retail store||PESIT College, Bangalore, International Conference|
|12||13-09-2013||Employer Branding: A new strategic drive which no business can ignore||GIMS, Bangalore, National Conference|
|Sl. No.||Program Details||Program Type||Venue||Date|
|1||Detailed Statistics for researchers||FDP||BMS College Bangalore||May 8 2014|
|2||Research Forum on Social Media , Big Data and Innovation||MDP||IIM Bangalore||15 March 2014|
|1||IJEMR5||IJEMR- vol 3 Issue 1-ISSN 2249-2585||May 2013||Employer Branding|