Prof. V. Suresh Chandra
|Name||Prof V. Suresh Chandra|
|Area of Subject||Operations Management|
Prof. V. Suresh Chandra holds a B.Tech(Chemical Engineering)degree from IIT Kharagpur and a Masters degree in Industrial Management from IIT chennai. He has been visiting faculty at NIT Trichy and also taught full time at XIME, Bangalore, in the areas of Operations Management and Project Management. Prior to joining IBA, Prof. Suresh had worked in Ceat Tyres(Glass Fibre division) and Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers leading to working knowledge and appreciation of all areas of operations management.Nearly two decades in Sanmar Engeneering corporation provided exposure to Global partners and world class manufacturing practices. He worked closely with manufacturing practices. He woeked closely with in house training programs and has conducted
- M.Tech (Industrial Management )-IIT Chennai
- B.Tech (Chemical Engineering )-IIT Kharagpur
- Professor –Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship –Bangalore
- Vice President –Sanmar Foundries Ltd –Chennai
- General Manager –Sanmar PTI Filters Ltd –Chennai
- Member, Association of Indian Management Schools AIMS
- Member, Indian Institute of Materials Management
- Member, Operations Research Society Of India
Area of Research
- Service Operations Management
- Ethical Issues in Supply Chains
- EI or EIF Rejig the exit interview –published in Innovation and Organizational Changes –ISBN 938062727
- Innovation Metrics –A Strategic Priority –published in Innovative Management Strategies- ISBN 9789382163213
- Resolve or Regret ,Lessons in Conflict Management- Paper presented at the International Conference on ‘Indian Management for Global effectiveness-Insights from Mahabharata’ at Indus Business Academy , Bangalore 19th to 21st Feb 2010.
- EI or EIF Rejig the Exit Interview-presented at the National Conference on ‘Innovations and Organizational Changes in the Contemporary Arena’ Velammal Engineering College,Chennai 9th July 2010.
- Quality Cost Analysis in a Steel Foundry –presented at the International Conference on ‘Management Practices for sustainable growth ‘at Annamalai University ,28th to 30th July 2010.
- Conspiracy of Silence ,Ethics in Global Sourcing –presented at the International Conference on ‘Value Based Management ‘ at DSVV Haridwar ,11th 13th Aug 2010.
- The Productivity Exigency –presented at the National Conference on ‘Emerging Trends in Management’ at IJCE Tuticorin ,3rd Sept 2010.
- Ethics in B-School Curricula, A Perspective-presented at the International Conference on ‘Business Ethics and Human Values’ at University Business School Panjab University Chandigarh ,on 23rd Dec 2010
- Innovation Metrics ,A Strategic Priority –National Conference on ‘Innovative Management Strategies ‘ at MITS Madanapalle on 11th and 12th May 2012
- Ecopreneurship in B Schools –International Conference on ‘Situating New Management Philosophy ,Nature ,Mind and Technology ‘ at IBA Bangalore 20th to 22nd February 2013
- Against the Clock
- KEC Foundry –Strategic Capacity Planning
- Conducted a program in Operations & Production Management for PGDM program at T.A.Pai Management Institute Nov 2011-Feb 2012.