IBA Marketing Forum
Indus Business Academy-Marketing Forum (IBAMF)
Indus Business Academy (IBA), Bangalore organized a Workshop on “My 50 years in Marketing” on 21st March 2014 wherein an eminent Marketing scholar Dr. Madhav Kacker took the audience through his Marketing career spanning over 50 years. The session was of great significance to all, since the speaker had witnessed the developments in Marketing field more than anyone else did. During his presentation he observed there is no active Marketing Body in India which can promote and develop the Marketing ideas; he even wished that IBA can initiate to work towards forming a one.
That is when Dr. Subhash Sharma, Director and Dean, IBA, Bangalore suggested the formation of a Marketing Forum in IBA, Bangalore. Subsequently a meeting was held on 11th July 2014 at IBA, Bangalore with respect to this and was chaired by Dr. Sharma himself. It was decided to name this Body as “Indus Business Academy – Marketing Forum (IBA-MF)”. Faculty and staff members present during the meeting discussed the functioning of Marketing Forum. Vision, objectives and activities of the Forum were discussed. The entire IBA, Bangalore faculty fraternity and the staff present during the meeting are the founding members of IBA Marketing Forum. We believe this is just a step ahead to realize the wish of Dr. Madhav Kacker.
IBA is deeply indebted to Dr. Madhav Kacker who is a spark behind creating such a Forum. The inception wouldn’t have been a reality without an encouragement and guidance of Dr. Subhash Sharma. IBA-MF bestows the gratitude to Dr. Madahv Kacker and Dr. Subhash Sharma and seeks their guidance throughout.
Cordially on behalf of IBA-MF,
Prof. Nagendra Hegde
Faculty in Marketing
Vision, Objectives & Activities
To function as a unique forum in Marketing in India by its existence through the activities it conducts; to take the Marketing ideas and innovation to national and global level to benefit the stakeholders; the students, faculty members and most importantly Indus Business Academy (IBA) itself.
- To work towards minimizing the gap between the existing theories and practice by sharing ideas, by holding brainstorming sessions/seminars, by arranging workshops which give a common platform for scholars and practitioners.
- To ensure academic-industry interface as part of the continuous learning process in Marketing, which hone students’ academic skills by immersing themselves with marketing practices.
- To promote the Marketing Faculty Development Programs aiming to develop the prowess of marketing faculty.
- Holding Marketing workshops, Sessions and seminars wherein the practitioners and the scholars come on a common platform to discuss Marketing aspects.
- To counsel the students with respect to their careers in Sales and Marketing; to ensure the students enjoy their work by effectively handling themselves through the pressure situation/crisis; to mentor the identified students to get them on fast track learning in line with corporate standards.
- Holding Faculty Development Programs (FDPs) to get align the course/teaching methods in line with the changing business trends/dynamism.
- Promoting the case preparations and publishing them; arranging case workshops and holding case competitions.
- Arranging field visits, either a general visit to a market place or a visit to a corporate to take part in their Marketing activities (subject to availability of such opportunities), to understand and correlate the theories they have learnt with that of practices.
- The Forum plans to extend its activities beyond the boundaries by inviting the scholars from other B-schools, from the corporate corridor as members.
Click here to view the brochure.
It was a very informative and interactive session and very well organized. Forums like IBAMF will definitely help students to gain knowledge on Marketing concepts and the current industry scenario in India. All the very best to IBAMF!
Akbar Vali P Sk
Student, Batch 13-15
IBAMF is a great initiative. It is a successful attempt to emphasize about the bloodline of companies and organizations among students – “Marketing”!
Student, Batch 13-15
Dear Professor Hegde,
I am indeed delighted to know that our plan for creating a Marketing Forum at IBA Bangalore is now a fait accompli. That shows how seriously you and your colleagues have taken our proposal and how much work has been done behind the scene to reach this significant milestone.
It is my wish that the Forum develops into a reputed professional body and a think tank frequently sought after by the business world as well as the state and central government for views and opinions on critical marketing issues.
Hearty congratulations! A job well done. Please pass on this message to Professor Sharma.
Dr. Madhav Kacker
Eminent Marketing Scholar
Dear Mr. Hegde,
It was an honour being invited for the inauguration of IBAMF. I totally enjoyed the event specially the presentation given by Mr. Jha. I am certain that the students found some value add from such an event.
Mr. Rohit Sood
General Manager – FMCG, Jubilant Retail
Dear Mr. Hegde,
Thank you for inviting me for IBAMF and letting me share my thoughts on Digital Marketing and Social Media. Eagerly looking forward for similar interactions.
Regional Training Manager – Times Group