IBA Marketing Forum in association with Barcodes (The Retail Club of IBA)
Date: 23rd Nov. 2016
Venue: IBA Bangalore
As a mark of 2nd anniversary of IBAMF, a workshop to decode the intricacies of Retail was organized. Retail has been evolving like never before. The beauty of Retail is that it never made the traditional format irrelevant in Indian context. Both traditional and modern retail formats continue to co-exist. While modern retail formats have given consumers the ‘convenience’, the traditional formats have given them the ‘comfort.’ The workshop was an attempt to unleash the perspectives of experts from Retail domain.
The workshop also intended to provide an opportunity for students to reflect on what academic and corporate experts have to say on Retail. An exclusive student panel was also made to deliberate on the subject.
The workshop covered the following themes under Retail, but was not limited to:
- The Extent of Impact of Modern Retail on Traditional Retail in India
- FDI in Retail Industry
- The role of technology in Retail
- The challenges of e-tailing/Online Security threats/Optimization
- Customer Experience Management – An Answer to Millennium Generation
- Growth-hacking and Innovation in e-tail
- Retail Start-up Eco-system/The challenges
The workshop saw participation from experts like, Mr. M R Suresh (Professor in Marketing – SDMIMD, Mysore), Mr. R Natarajan (COO & CFO – RNT Capital Advisers), Mr. Krishna Koppa (Asso. Professor in Marketing – Jain University).